Sunday, February 5, 2012

College life continues...

Things are going very well for Juls, even better than expected!  Last weekend she was home with us and enjoyed every minute. 


restocking the kitchen for week 2
After the first day or so at home she was letting down so much and getting soooo comfortable that we thought we'd better pack her right up and get her back to school before she changes her mind and wants to stay home for good.  Alas, she went back happily (see above photo) and started another week.  On Monday she said to me that she thought it would be a good idea to stay at school the next weekend because of the Friday night Winter Frost Ball and the Super Bowl party on Sunday.  I agreed that it was a great idea....knowing I'd miss her but what a fantastic (and fast) step she's taking towards independence, and it's only week two.

Juls and her roommate, Hannah

Classes went well this week and Julianna enjoyed everything on her schedule.  Besides classes she was at the gym, library, study time, lunch and dinner dates and going off campus on the city bus with a partner.  When I asked her what she liked best of all her answer was walking around the campus because "if feels like I'm at college". 

The Winter Frost Ball was on tap for Friday night.  Juls roommate/mentor, Suzi, had volunteered to have some other CE girls over to do hair and make-up and she was going to put on a dinner!  What a ambitious woman Suzi is, she pulled it all off beautifully, including getting everyone to the shuttle on time to head to the dance. 



 

Vavavoom!!  Everyone looked fantastic!
When we got to the house to take a few pictures it had been almost a week since Neal had seen Julianna.  He noticed a change in Juls in the way of confidence and just plain brightness.  She is already a different person....2 weeks of being independent and spreading her wings really shows!  

Neal and I bought tickets so we could go into the dance for a little while.  It was a blast seeing Juls run around with all these new found classmates and friends.  She was in her glory!  And we got to know some of the professors that Julianna has a little better.


Julianna and Jyana!!!  The cutes little pair you've ever seen!!

This next week I get to start my new volunteer position at Edgewood.  I was asked by Dedra, the director, how I liked ceramics.  She needs an aid to accompany one of the CE students to his ceramics class twice a week.  I am so excited to start "my" college course of ceramics, I can hardly stand it.  I hope I get to make something too.  I will also be one of the parents on the interviews for prospective students for the fall semester.  That is going to be interesting and fun too.









5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!!! I am LOVING hearing about all this! It's been hard to get a hold of julianna lately (she's too busy making new friends!) So I'm glad a get to read it through your blog. She looks so happy I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo much fun, I hope Eliza decides to go there with Julianna next year, they would have a ball!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! If it weren't for Deb and Eliza Juls wouldn't be here. That's how we found out about it. We will see them both when here for Eliza's interview in a couple weeks. I think they are going to stay here one night and Juls is going to show them all around......Yay!!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Juliana looks absolutely gorgeous in that gown!

    It's wonderful to hear how much fun she is having! Do you think she'll have time to study? LOL

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, it's so great to hear what Juls is up to. We miss you here in Ashland but I don't think the girl is missing us, she's too busy! Thanks for the pictures, she does look absolutely beautiful. I'm glad to hear she's keeping consistent in her workouts, gotta love that girl.

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete